Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bone Scan Results

This is just a quick post to say that MY BONE SCAN RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE!!!  Wahoo!

This means that there is no sign of active cancer in my bones.  Most likely, those spots that showed up on the PET scan were very small cancer spots that the chemo has now healed, although there is no way to know for sure if that is indeed what it was.

Even though we didn't know about them until after they were healed, it is still good that they were found, because now we can give those spots extra treatment (as a precaution) in the form of radiation.  In addition to radiation to the breast, I will also now get radiation to those two small spots on my spine as well.  It will be the new technique Dr. Sara mentioned last time that is extremely targeted and very precise and does not really have side effects.

I will write a longer post about my experiences over this past week soon, but right now I am too emotionally drained and exhausted to write any more.

But I do want to say thank you to everyone for all the amazing support and prayers I received this week.  All the phone calls, texts, emails, blog posts, etc., went a VERY long way in getting me through what was probably one of the hardest weeks of my life.  So thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this. I continue to keep you in my prayers.~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana sent word last night that you got the good news and I was so happy to get that e-mail. Keep up the positive attitude because I really think it works. Enjoy yourself at the beach this weekend - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ecstatic and SO VERY grateful to GOD for this great news. Praise Him. Feed off this good news to give you strength for the days ahead. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, so happy to hear the good news! Your mom texted me yesterday with it. Even tho I'm in Colorado, I'm still praying and thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eyebrow bone Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete